Stand for Common Object Request Broker Architecture (CORBA).
Define by Object Management Group (OMG)
Same design with object oriented programming
Such a thirtd party that enable collaboration between systems on different operating systems, programming languages, and computing hardware
BENEFITS OF CORBA
Data typing = flexible data typing
Language independent = many languages supported by various CORBA providers
OS-independent = meant to be os independent. Not same with others.
There are 7 important things in Corba
1) The object request broker (ORB)
2) Different vendors and different (ORBs)
3) Interface definition language(IDL)
4) Dynamic invocation interface(DII)
5) Dynamic skeleton interface (DSI)
6) Interface Repository (IR)
7) Object adapters